Monday, August 28, 2017

Library as a second home

These are some really long days I tell you. Closer to 10 hours a day spent at the local library are starting to feel a little bit like living here. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not, but the people at place where I get my coffee remembers my order by heart and the people in the library recognize me and bid me good morning and night as I come and go. But no surprise there I suppose.


The studying itself  is going pretty well. It's a really intense pace, but that was what I asked for. That's what I get. Time to walk the walk.

Enjoying the weather on the way back
Speaking of walking, I've tried to maintain a steady pace of physical exercise on the side. Yeah, I walk to the library and back, but I've tried to go running 3-4 times a week. I'd usually supplement this with some strength exercises at a gym, but as this would increase the "risk" of gaining weight in the form of muscles, I'm trying to hold back on that urge and concentrate on fat burn for now. Why would you do such a silly thing you ask? The aero-medical doctor examining me last time is actually one of the doctors making the company medical evaluations for one of the major companies, and he said that the company in question is somewhat obsessed with the body mass index(BMI). As that is one of the companies I'll be applying for, I figured it's better safe than sorry. I'm not the lightest framed person around, so I'll just stick to running for now. Alternating intervals and easy paced runs for the win. Besides, I'll need to learn to like running again as it's still one of the most effective ways of exercising both your respiratory- and your vascular systems.

And yeah, the sailing competition last weekend went pretty well. We had a really fun crew and a lot of fun both ways. We did not win, nor did we end up last, but we achieved a good first time run with this crew.

Next week I'll head over to the school a little early in order to take one exam and prepare for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment