Thursday, September 14, 2017

No news is good news

Or at least that's the saying. I didn't update anything from last week as honestly I have to say, nothing noteworthy happened since last time.

The re-examination went well and I passed it so that gets me to 3 down 10 to go for the school exams. Last weeks lessons went as expected except for the Flight planning (FPL) lessons which were moved forward two weeks due to an illness in the teachers family.

This week we're getting instrumentation lessons done and next week is reserved for FPL. Hoping that I can go and get some of the Trafi (the Finnish National Aviation Authority) exams done withing the next month or so. I've planned on getting them done in groups of four. I have a period of four weeks preparation coming up so during that I MIGHT be able prepare well enough and get the first set done if all goes well.
My study station at Tampere.

To anyone studying anything; Remember to get some rest and put your feet up every now and again. It's super important. Otherwise you'll just burn yourself out. So I had a weekend off and I have to tell you it felt pretty good. I did study a bit, but I also got some R&R done.


At the end of the weekend, some five hours before heading back to Tampere, I was helping my father with some girders in preparation of getting the sailing boat up for the winter. So of course I dropped one of the girders onto my fingers and now I have busted index finger on my left hand.

Oh yeah! One more thing. The week before I had a little hassle with me forgetting the keys to my accommodation at the school. The problem was, I didn't notice this until ten in the evening. I was certain I was screwed. I sent a very polite message to my landlord and was certain I'd get an answer the next morning. Lo my landlord called me 8 minutes later, asked me where I was, picked me up with his car, gave me a ride to and let me in to my accommodation. A huge thanks to him for this!

We'll see how things go during the next days.

No comments:

Post a Comment