Saturday, August 5, 2017

First week down

So, the first week of study is done and it's time for some reflection.

The week didn't start off too well. First thing on Monday, I came down with a fever and a really bothersome cough. Nevertheless, I was off to the library each morning and studied late into the evening.

Days started nicely at around eight with me getting a big cup of coffee, then straight to the library where I set myself up at one of the tables.

My setup at the library. The only thing missing are my headphones - for I'm the type who listens to music while studying.

The local mall is adjacent to the library so I have a perfect place where to spend my self-appointed lunch hour as I don't have to eat the same food every day. Pretty convenient I'd say. So some practicalities are neatly taken care off. So every day between noon and one pm. I pack my things and take a stroll down to the food court of the mall. The break serves nicely both to fill my stomach as well as to give my mind a breather from the studies.

So after lunch I head back to the library with another cup of coffee for round two of the each day. As a side note, yes, it's true. We Finns sure do love our coffee.

All of that racks up nicely to a good 8-10 hours of study a day. Could be quite the lot worse., but I really need to start pushing the intensity of the time to the max.

So, with that in mind, it's time for me to head to next week with fresh mind and fresh thoughts. Next week will be spent at the new flat and at school. So the promised pictures should be on their way.

'Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment