Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Industrial Romanticism

I know, I'm taking a bit of a head start, but I just felt I needed to write something down as today marked the day I signed the papers for the studies and for my new flat.

On my way to Tampere to sign the papers
The building with my room
Well... About the "flat" I need to elaborate a little. It's a single. Just one small room with a bed and a desk. I'll get here a picture of my "workstation" once I've set it up in the coming weeks, but I think I'll set up my Flight Simulator gear there to get myself some "productive" past time activity to work on in the evenings. Now the location of the flat is somewhat remote to say the least. 


The view from the room
The view from my window (pictured on the right) is what I branded "a prime example of industrial romanticism" as it offers an excellent view to the rail yard. Downsides of course being that I won't be enjoying a view and there might be some sounds of trains passing by. On the upside, I will not likely be tempted by the nightlife of Tampere, which I hear is pretty great by what I hear.


Now, to the main thing. Once again, no pictures were taken, and I now realize I should've, but I visited the school in it's new premises. As I had signed the papers, I got a tour around the building and I've got to say, the new premises are amazing in comparison to the old, which weren't too bad either. They now have two DA42 simulators (FBS) and will be getting the new Airbus 320 FBS at the school next month. If I'm lucky, that'll be what I'm doing my MCC (Multi Crew Cockpit) course flight training on. REALLY looking forwards to that. But that time will be sometime next January or February.

A320 FBS system also to be set up at the school. LOOK AT ALL THEM SWITCHES!
(Picture from the site of the manufacturer)
I'll be receiving my online study material tomorrow and will probably start on it all already tomorrow. Motivation is pretty darned high at the moment and I'm really much looking forward to getting back in the saddle. It's been way too long and finally getting to study full time again is a blast.

PS. I'm starting to stack up quite the list of things I need to take pictures of and post... The study schedule, the workstation, the school... Well. I'll get me paparazzi on soon enough. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment